We are moved in and settled (for the most part)! We arrived here on July 12th and the moving truck came the next day. Most of our belongings made the journey without incident (I was hoping that the couch would break so I could justify a new one). We spent the next couple weeks unpacking and getting to know the town. The children participated in a Parks and Recreation’s day camp program for several days while Ryan and I ran errands. They had a good time playing with other children and we got settled.
The weekend before Ryan started work we went camping. I can already hear the gasps for those of you who know me! Well…I told Ryan if did the lions share of the work that I would spend several days in the forest with him. He didn’t disappoint and I really didn’t have to do that much work. Admittedly, I enjoyed myself. The children had a blast and continue to talk about the trip daily. I might go again. Key word might!
Ryan started work on the third of August. He hasn’t seen many patients, but he has worked hard promoting himself to the primary care doctors. He did do his first solo surgery this week and it was a success! I proud that he has worked hard and has gotten himself a job! Maybe now I can stop sleeping on the blow-up mattress?!?
We have been visited by the Bishopric and Relief Society this past week. Ryan got a calling to be in the Sunday School Presidency. He seems very excited and enthusiastic about serving in this capacity. I asked if he got to ring the bell and now the cat is out of the bag with the Bishopric about my flippant remarks. I’m sure I just secured myself a job as the hymn book passer outer in Relief Society because you really can’t do much damage with that one!
The children had a sleep over last week with the DeGooyer children. It was a special treat because we don’t do sleep over but only with cousins. My children had a blast! I don’t want to know what the neighbors think of us because nine children can make some noise. I have also concluded that nine children can do more damage to a person’s house then a small tornado. Ryan and I had a lot of fun with their children and we are excited that their family welcomed a new healthy baby into the world. Alana did the hard part, but I’m sure glad that we could have a sleep over!
The children have started swimming lessons this week. It is going really well. This is the first time that Nick and Nate have taken lessons (I know that I started Emilee at three, but the youngest always get the short end of the stick). Nate told his teacher after his first lesson ended that he was better then Michael Phelps. I wish I could bottle some of that confidence. I’d give it back during their teenage years!
We are also glad that Uncle Bart came for an over night visit! We went to dinner with him. Then he came over and checked out the house. We had a great visit and the kids thought that it was neat that family has already come to see them! I’m glad that we live close enough for family visits!
Well…That is the end of the month in review. I’ll do a better job of updates now that the boxes are at the recycling center and the kids are discovering their long lost toys
6 comments:
Yeah for the update!! It sounds like you're settling into life and things are well! I'm totally impressed you went camping too! What has Yakima done to you?
Welcome back to the blogging world! So good to hear your update! Can't wait to hear how much the kids love school and how you fill all your spare time! HA!! {{{{Sending hugs from Oklahoma}}}}
Yeah! Oh, I bet Yakima is just so beautiful right now! You seem to be adjusting great! I hope you can get your new couch and bed soon! :o)
Glad that the move went well and that you are getting settled in. I am so jealous that you are done with residency!
YAY for an update! Even though we live just five miles away, I like to read your blog posts. =) And THANK YOU again for all you've done - you've been my guaridan angel!!!!!!!!
I am glad that you are settled. I know that Owasso really misses you. I am excited to hear that you are going on an awesome vacation. That will be fun.
Post a Comment