Saturday, January 16, 2010

Skiing


Last Friday Ryan and I took the children skiing for the first time. It was a fun day. In the morning the kids took lessons so Ryan took me out to become reacquainted with skiing. I have not hit the slopes since Emilee was a baby. After their lesson we ate lunch and the boys didn't want to go back out. Therefore, Ryan took the girls and I stayed warm in the lodge with Nick and Nate. Alana and Emilee were fearless. They went up the chair lift and would point their skies down and just go for it. Alana informed me that she was so good that she didn't need anymore lessons (She thinks that the knowledge to turn right and stop can get her through, but really that is all I know how to do so maybe she is right!). Makena was a little more cautious and spent her afternoon on the magic carpet. I think that this could become a great family sport!

No comments: