Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Emilee won second place in the reading rainbow writing contest

BubbleShare: Share photos - Find great Clip Art Images.

Emilee was honored at the capital building on May 8Th for winning second place in the young writers and illustrators reading rainbow contest. She wrote a story about a banana and his pirate party. It is a fun story with cute illustrations. She was very excited to have won second place. Their were 570 entries in four grade levels. Her grade had the most stories. You can read the story at http://www.oeta.onenet.net/kids/. Click on the reading rainbow contest at the top and she is in the second grade category. I am proud of you Emilee. Keep setting goals and I know that you can achieve them!

3 comments:

Shauna said...

Way to go Emilee!!! I hope someday you will autograph a book for me or better yet become a famous artist and I can say I am YOUR aunt shauna.

DeGooyer Family said...

WOW - this is so exciting! Tell her we say "Congratulations!!!"

Jenn said...

That is REALLY great! I told Dalin and now he is trying to come up with a story (too bad they all sound like whatever he happened to watch on tv that night). Congrats Emilee!!