Thursday, August 14, 2008

Alana misses second day of school

Last night as we were getting ready to pray and read the scriptures, Alana jumped off the back of the couch. If you know Alana, this is nothing new for my little girl who want to jump out of a plane when she turns sixteen. Well, this time she happened to landed on a big bouncy ball that threw her forward. She fell on her head. The Doctor (better known as dad) diagnosed her with a concussion. I spent the night with her while she had a sick stomach and a hard time waking-up. She now has to take it easy for a week. This is truly torture for her. Today is not so bad because of her headache, but I anticipate it getting harder as the week progresses. What a unique way to start your kindergarten career!

4 comments:

LINDA said...

HEY-aren't you suppose to call your Visiting Teacher when these things happen?? Do I have to find out everything on the blog? I will check on you and sweet Alana tomorrow- if something comes up before then, I'm so here- ready to escape my teenagers and come to a home where the problems are much less dramatic!!

Shauna said...

Alana I hope your headache doesn't last very long, your school teacher will miss you, not to mention your sidekick. I love you!!!

Jenn said...

Gee that stinks...you really have to take a week?? My brothers have had concussion after concussion and the most severe (my brother cracked his skull from the bottom half way up) was three days in the hospital, but was fine after that...well, I'm not sure how much his brain works ;)

I sure hope Alana feels better. If you need anything, I have a car today, call me!

DeGooyer Family said...

Oh, that is SO SO sad!! Tell her that Rachel and I will be thinking about her this week!!!