Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Christmas Story



We had freezing rain this week. Growing up in Idaho we call this winter, but the folks in Oklahoma just flip out during any winter event. Therefore, the children were home from school for three days. The first day was sweet. As a family we went out in the snow to sled and ice skate. By day three, I was going crazy. I simply put them in their snow clothes and sent them outside to play. Well...Nick had on a skiing suit and his coat. He really looked like the little boy in the movie. Alana came inside to tell me that Nick was stuck. I went out to see the problem and just laughed. And ran back inside to capture this moment on film. Maybe I'm not your normal mom who would quickly rescue their stranded child because I thought, "Oh, this one is a memory I don't want to forget!" I have decide that I should watch the movie with the children so they can get why I was laughing so hare!!!

4 comments:

Jess. said...

People in Portland flip out over the weather too. It snowed a tiny bit and my boss called to let me know work may be canceled. I showed up anyway, because I'm from the Rockies, and we show up for work even if there is a blizzard, it's just how we, mountain people do it.

DeGooyer Family said...

HA! I LOVE that movie!!

Shauna said...

OK, the picture of Nick is HILARIOUS!!! I think good mom's always keep reminders of embarrassing moments for blackmail purposes.

Debbie said...

That was the best ever!!! Thanks Nick for the laugh. I'm sure you'll get your Mom back one day.